Friday, February 18, 2011

Reeling In The Years: 1980

by Tom Jenkins

In 1980 I was merely a twinkle in my newly betrothed father's eye (I would arrive two years later). As a result, these songs do not represent a particular period of my life. They are, put simply, the ten songs from 1980 I could happily listen to on repeat, from here to eternity. Notable absences include Joy Division, The Cure, Siouxsie and Dead Kennedy's, but to be honest, I'd much rather listen to Abba and Dolly...

The Jam - Going Underground
Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime
The Clash - The Magnificent Seven
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
David Bowie - Ashes To Ashes
Ultravox - Vienna
Abba - Lay All Your Love On Me
Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
The Ramones - Baby I Love You
John Lennon - Watching The Wheels


Master list

2 comments:

Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

(Clicked on the Bowie link and got Motorhead again.)

Simon said...

Oops. Fixed.